Mother’s Day brunch is a traditional way to show that special woman in your life how much you love and appreciate her (though, we should be doing that year round as well, of course!). After all, who doesn’t love brunch? Especially when it includes champagne and presents! Celebrate mom this May with this Mother’s Day spread, inspired by Weddingstar’s wide selection of gift ideas and party supplies. Not only do they carry dozens of stylish decor pieces (that will keep serving looks long after Mother’s Day ends!), Weddingstar also carries a huge variety of personalized party supplies and packaging, including printed napkins, gift boxes, and more.
This brunch is incredibly easy to pull off, thanks to the ‘serve-yourself’ mimosa bar, one-pan-serves-all decadent Quiche Lorraine recipe, and affordable, yet thoughtful gifts. Thank you to Weddingstar for partnering with me for this post, and thank you, dear reader, for visiting today.
Let the bubbly flow!
KALE, MUSHROOM, BACON & BLUE CHEESE QUICHE LORRAINE
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 30-40 mins
4 white flour tortillas
8 free-range brown organic eggs
1 carton heavy whipping cream (or 1c.)
6 large white button or brown cremini mushrooms (or 3 cups sliced)
8 cups tightly packed kale
1/2 white or yellow onion, minced
1c. cooked bacon (chopped into bits)
3 cloves pressed fresh garlic
1/4c. crumbled goat cheese
1/4c. crumbled Roquefort (blue) cheese
3tsp. preferred butter
S&P to taste
If feeding a crowd, I highly recommend making more than one Quiche Lorraine. You can change up the ingredients as well for variety!
1. Using 1tsp. butter, lightly grease a classic rectangular casserole dish (roughly 9″x13″), and cut tortillas into halves. Line casserole dish with tortillas to form a ‘crust’, making sure dish is thoroughly lined.
2. In a large, covered saucepan, melt 2tsp. butter, and sauté sliced mushrooms until edges are crispy and sizzling. Remove from pan and set aside.
3. In a colander, roughly tear and rinse kale, massaging thoroughly. Add kale and 1/2c. water to saucepan, and cover. Steam kale over medium heat until wilted down. Mix in fresh garlic towards the end to lightly cook without burning.
4. In a large mixing bowl, whip eggs, cream, and salt and pepper.
5. Layer casserole dish first with 1/8c. each goat and blue cheese, before topping with kale, mushrooms, and onion. Pour over with egg and cream mixture, using a fork or spatula to spread evenly. Top with crispy bacon and remaining cheese, and a dash more fresh ground pepper.
6. Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes, until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean from the centre.
7. Slice into 6-8 wedges, serve, and enjoy!
Personalized napkins and gilded serving tools add a little ‘something extra’ to your table that your guests will be sure to comment on.
Weddingstar has dozens of customizable napkins. You can even have mom’s name added to the inscription!
DIY MIMOSA BAR
Style this mimosa display on your dining able or sidebar with your favourite champagne and glassware.
Serves: however many you like! Make sure to designate a driver so everyone gets home safe after enjoying their brunch cocktails.
1-2 bottles of your favourite champagne
1 carton orange juice
1 carton pineapple juice
1 carton grapefruit juice
Orange or grapefruit slices
Optional: drink umbrellas
- Set out champagne flutes on a tray (or two), with garnishes arranged in bowls next to them. Place the champagne and juices on ice, and start a few glasses with juice and garnishes to encourage guests to help themselves to a beverage upon arrival (add the champagne right before serving). You may also put out a sign with assembly instructions if you wish! I prefer equal parts juice to champagne, but you may serve whatever ratio you prefer.
Weddingstar’s new gold wood trays are perfect for the mimosa bar! They come in two sizes, and are a lightweight and stunning addition to your home bar. Style them with books and candles on your coffee table as well! Bonus? Each set comes with two trays!
GIFTS FOR HER
Build her a box meant just for her – start with a Weddingstar gift box inscribed with the message of your choice, fill with plenty of tissue paper, and add a mug, candle, jewelry, and anything else you think she may like. The best part about building your own custom gift box with Weddingstar is that you can make it work for whoever that special lady is in your life, be it mother, grandmother, aunt, sister, wife, daughter, or friend. The sky is the limit!
A few more gift ideas too large for the box, but not to be overlooked:
I hope this post inspired you to treat mom to a fabulous brunch this Mother’s Day! You may also come back to this Quiche Lorraine recipe time and again, it’s sure to become a family favourite at first bite.